Firefox still freezes for 1 minute when accessing certain webpages,
Only happens on certain web sites,mouse and keyboard totally unresponsive but after waiting for about 1 minute all goes back to normal?
Additional System Details
- Google Update
- Shockwave Flash 11.5 r502
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 10.1.5
- VLC media player Web Plugin 2.0.2
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- Adobe Shockwave for Director Netscape plug-in, version 184.108.40.2068
- Adobe Shockwave for Director Netscape plug-in, version 220.127.116.117
- Version 0.9.19, Copyright 2006-2012 Veetle Inchttp://www.veetle.com/
- Version 0.9.18, copyright 2006-2010 Veetle Inchttp://www.veetle.com/
- Virtual Earth 3D 4.00100226006 plugin for Mozilla
- RealPlayer(tm) LiveConnect-Enabled Plug-In
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.0; rv:18.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/18.0
I have tried all and every fix I could find on these forums and others,still have no solution that works!
The Reset Firefox feature can fix many issues by restoring Firefox to its factory default state while saving your essential information. Note: This will cause you to lose any Extensions, Open websites, and some Preferences.
To Reset Firefox do the following:
- Go to Firefox > Help > Troubleshooting Information.
- Click the "Reset Firefox" button.
- Firefox will close and reset. After Firefox is done, it will show a window with the information that is imported. Click Finish.
- Firefox will open with all factory defaults applied.
Further information can be found in the Reset Firefox – easily fix most problems article.
Did this fix your problems? Please report back to us!
Start Firefox in Safe Mode to check if one of the extensions (Firefox/Tools > Add-ons > Extensions) or if hardware acceleration is causing the problem (switch to the DEFAULT theme: Firefox/Tools > Add-ons > Appearance).
- Do NOT click the Reset button on the Safe mode start window or otherwise make changes.
You can also check for problems with the places.sqlite database file in the Firefox Profile Folder.