Single Click to Download File - Auto Rename if Conflicting File Exists in Downloads Folder
I am trying to migrate from Safari. However, one of THE most important features that I simply can't do without, is the one click "Download Linked File" right click contextual menu item. This together with the auto-rename file action if a name conflict exists within the downloads folder, to which you are saving the file.
Is there a way to do this in FF? All I can locate is"Save Link As" and then you have to either click to save or manually rename the file if there is a conflict. This is a real pain - I am happy to allow duplicate filenames for certain files.
Hopefully someone can point me in the right direction - needs to be an absolute one click solution from contextual menu via an add on or something.
As I recall, DownThemAll is able to do this. You first have to configure it to rename files when a file with the same name already exists. Then you should be able to use the context menu option labeled “DTA OneClick!” or some such.Go to answer 2
Additional System Details
- Displays Java applet content, or a placeholder if Java is not installed.
- Shockwave Flash 11.4 r402
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- The Flip4Mac WMV Plugin allows you to view Windows Media content using QuickTime.
- Adobe® Acrobat® Plug-in for Web Browsers, Version 10.1.4
- LogMeIn remote control components
- Microsoft Office for Mac SharePoint Browser Plug-in
- 3DVIA player Plug-In (188.8.131.52) : Plays 3DVIA Virtools File in your browser!
- Plugin for Wacom tablets.
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10.8; rv:20.0) Gecko/20130127 Firefox/20.0
As I recall, DownThemAll is able to do this. You first have to configure it to rename files when a file with the same name already exists. Then you should be able to use the context menu option labeled “DTA OneClick!” or some such.