How to make history show real addresses not google search redirections
When visiting entries from google search reasults you actually visit a google page that redirects you to the desired address, causing firefox to register the google redirecting page in the history instead of the real address you visited.
This clutters the history with google links that are not readable if you desired to revisit a certain page from history.
Is there a way or an addon that forces the history to register the end address instead of google's redirections?
Chosen solutionby philipp
hello, you could try the following extension (it will only work for future searches though): https://addons.mozilla.org/firefox/addon/google-no-tracking-url/Read this answer in context 2
Additional System Details
- Shockwave Flash 11.5 r502
- Unity Player 4.0.0f7
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- RealPlayer(tm) LiveConnect-Enabled Plug-In
- Adobe Shockwave for Director Netscape plug-in, version 11.5
- Java(TM) Platform SE binary
- Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF) plug-in for Mozilla browsers
- Npdsplay dll
- DRM Netscape Network Object
- DRM Store Netscape Plugin
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 5.1; rv:18.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/18.0
hello, you could try the following extension (it will only work for future searches though): https://addons.mozilla.org/firefox/addon/google-no-tracking-url/
madperson, Thank you, now the history is useful again.