How to keep menu bar customization after restart.
Each time i start Firefox the menu bar has the default layout. I customize it by adding and moving buttons around and each time I restart, it returns to default.
Additional System Details
- Conduit Plugin
- Shockwave Flash 11.5 r502
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 10.1.5
- RealJukebox Netscape Plugin
- RealNetworks(tm) RealPlayer Chrome Background Extension Plug-In
- RealPlayer(tm) HTML5VideoShim Plug-In
- RealPlayer(tm) LiveConnect-Enabled Plug-In
- RealPlayer Download Plugin
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:18.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/18.0
Which security software (firewall, anti-virus) do you have?
Some security software has virtualization or sandbox features that may cause problems by protecting and restoring files in the Firefox profile folder.
You can check for problems with the localstore.rdf file.
AVG Free 2013.
Just did. No dice. I held out from updating with 4.01 for a long time before i gave in and updated to ver 11. when it auto updated to 12 that is when this started and I've just dealt with it up until now.
Do you keep other settings (e.g. in Options) that you make in Firefox?
Create a new profile as a test to check if your current profile is causing the problems.
See "Creating a profile":
If the new profile works then you can transfer some files from an existing profile to the new profile, but be careful not to copy corrupted files.