HELP!!!! WHY DID FIREFOX DELETE MY ENTIRE ADDRESSBOOK FROM OUTLOOK EXPRESS? I NEED IT BACK!!!!
I just downloaded & installed firefox and somewhere along the line I lost my entire addressbook for outlook express?
(Over 25,000 customer email addies have vanished!!)
How do I get them all back?
Chosen solutionby philipp
hello bleetie, firefox doesn't interfere with your outlook express address-book whatsoever. something else on your computer must have gone wrong - please contact microsoft's support or a forum specialised on outlook express, sicne we most probably can't get any solution for the problem you've described...Read this answer in context 2
Additional System Details
- Shockwave Flash 11.5 r502
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- Google Update
- ABR_AUSkey Plugin Mozilla Component
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 10.5.1 for Mozilla browsers
- Google Updater pluginhttp://pack.google.com/
- Adobe Shockwave for Director Netscape plug-in, version 184.108.40.2063
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape "9.4.5"
- DivX OVS Helper Plug-in
- The plug-in allows you to open and edit files using Microsoft Office applications
- Office Authorization plug-in for NPAPI browsers
- CSI Plugin Mozilla Component
- Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF) plug-in for Mozilla browsers
- DRM Netscape Network Object
- Npdsplay dll
- DRM Store Netscape Plugin
- RealJukebox Netscape Plugin
- RealPlayer(tm) LiveConnect-Enabled Plug-In
- Windows Multimedia Services DRM Store Plug-In
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 5.1; rv:18.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/18.0
I have no idea where to start, or why Firefox would even want them in the first place!
hello bleetie, firefox doesn't interfere with your outlook express address-book whatsoever. something else on your computer must have gone wrong - please contact microsoft's support or a forum specialised on outlook express, sicne we most probably can't get any solution for the problem you've described...
Firefox is a web browser, not a email client so it may just be a coincidence that the outlook problem happened sometime after you installed Firefox. It is a separate app install as is doesn't make use of say IE or outlook to work.
Thanks Guys... I could have sworn it happened the moment Firefox asked to import all my bookmarks, favourites, etc from Google Chrome... .so I haven't really found the solution yet (aside from restoring from archives), but I'll mark this one as solved in this forum...
wish me luck on my treacherous adventure LOL
I have a similar issue. It DOES look like a FF issue. Internet Explorer keeps the contacts. FF will work but within a certain period of time, it removes access to it. I have to reset FF to get it to work. WTF?????!!! It's driving me nuts.. Angela