chinese input using mac trackpad is not working in firefox 18
i was trying to use my mac trackpad to input chinese on the web page and found out it is not working ... i switched to use firefox recently from safari which is working fine with input chinese using mac trackpad ... i am using version 18 and search the support and found out it worked in firefox 16 and not working in version 17 & 18 ... to my surprise that how could it worked in version 16 and not working in version 17 & 18 ... how could you removed the function away with the updated version? ... i thought you will have more efforts to improve the functions rather to remove functions in an open source programming approach ... i do not know if there is any person responsible to put this function back to firefox in the coming update?...
can any person provide any comment on this issue? ... i hope this could be resolved asap...
Additional System Details
- Displays Java applet content, or a placeholder if Java is not installed.
- Shockwave Flash 11.5 r502
- Adobe® Acrobat® Plug-in for Web Browsers, Version 10.1.5
- DivX VOD Helper Plug-in
- DivX Plus Web Player version 220.127.116.11
- A plugin to detect whether the Adobe Extension Manager is installed on this machine.
- Microsoft Office for Mac SharePoint Browser Plug-in
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- The Flip4Mac WMV Plugin allows you to view Windows Media content using QuickTime.
- RealPlayer Plugin
- Octoshape Streaming Services web integration browser plug-in
- Office Live Update v1.0
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10.8; rv:18.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/18.0
Try to disable hardware acceleration in Firefox.
- Tools > Options > Advanced > General > Browsing: "Use hardware acceleration when available"
cor-el, in firefox 18, there is NO options tab under tools tab... in firefox 18, under tools tab, there are only web search, downloads, add-ons, set up sync, web developer, page info, start private browsing, clear recent history, adblock plus... i have searched around and could not find the option for "Use hardware acceleration when available"... please advise... cheers,
cor-el, i found the "Use hardware acceleration when available" ... it is under set preference... but i unchecked the acceleration but it is still not working... please advise... cheers,