after upgrading to 18.0.1 lost previous session
I was able to recover the bookmarks but all my history and previous sessions are gone. Can they be restored through backup or something similar?
Additional System Details
- Adobe® Acrobat® Plug-in for Web Browsers, Version 10.1.5
- Shockwave Flash 11.5 r502
- Displays Java applet content, or a placeholder if Java is not installed.
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- LogMeIn remote control components
- Plugin that detects installed Citrix Online products (visit www.citrixonline.com).
- Office Live Update v1.0
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10.6; rv:18.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/18.0
restore previous session grayed out, history not recovered along with bookmarks
You can try to use the Time Machine to restore the places.sqlite file from just before the lost.
That got me closer, thank you. It restored the history but not all the open windows in the previous session. Restore Previous Session is still gray. I tried Recently Closed Tabs and it only gave me the ones since the upgrade. Open to any other suggestions ...
You need the sessionstore.js file to restore tabs and windows.
I had no luck restoring the Previous Session tabs after replacing the sessionstore.js file or going through the about:sessionrestore procedure. If you've got any other suggestions I'd love to try them.