Why does the links on the Bing homepage not work after Updates from Firefox 17 to Firefox 18?
The hyperlinks on the Bing homepage do not work. When I move the mouse over the links to click on them; the links are neither highlighted nor when I click on the links do they activate. I can refresh the page and quickly click on a link but if I do not click fast enough the links will not work again.
I have tried clicking a link on the Bing homepage in IE9 and they work fine. So, I contacted Microsoft assuming it had something to do with Bin. However after trying the suggestion offered by Microsoft the they suggested I contact Firefox to fix this problem as it may be a problem on your end. I don't care who's end this problem lies I just want to be able to run Firefox and use it's services without this problem as Bing and Firefox are the two programs I have chosen to work with. I am not a fan of IE so please fix this.
Chosen solutionby philipp
hello, can you try to replicate this behaviour when you launch firefox in safe mode once? if not, maybe an addon is interfering here...Read this answer in context 1
Additional System Details
- RealPlayer(tm) LiveConnect-Enabled Plug-In
- RealPlayer Download Plugin
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 10.1.5
- RealNetworks(tm) RealDownloader Chrome Background Extension Plug-In
- RealNetworks(tm) RealDownloader PepperFlashVideoShim Plug-In
- RealNetworks(tm) RealDownloader HTML5VideoShim Plug-In
- RealDownloader Plugin
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- Shockwave Flash 11.5 r502
- iTunes Detector Plug-in
- Adobe Shockwave for Director Netscape plug-in, version 220.127.116.118
- ActiveTouch General Plugin Container Version 105
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 1.6.0_37 for Mozilla browsers
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Adobe Shockwave for Director Netscape plug-in, version 18.104.22.1684
- Coupons, Inc. Coupon Printer Plugin
- Coupons, Inc. Coupon Printer DLL
- Motive Plugin for Mozilla Browsers
- The plug-in allows you to open and edit files using Microsoft Office applications
- Office Authorization plug-in for NPAPI browsers
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:18.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/18.0
hello, can you try to replicate this behaviour when you launch firefox in safe mode once? if not, maybe an addon is interfering here...
I was able to fix the problem by resetting the Firefox page.
Thanks for the advice.