Why cant`t I open some sites like: bbc.co.uk , cnn.co. , ebay.de but : signin.ebay.de for example ?
Hi, I can not access ebay.de ; bbc.co.uk , cnn.com and so on. But if I try signin.ebay.de then the site opens and I can login. But I can not bid, open anything I watch and so on. When I try to open one of the mentioned sites the result is. Server is down, disconnected, or absolutely nothing. Help!!. This problem started when I upgraded from 18.0 to 18.01. I hoped it would dissapear with 19 beta but no it didn`t. Normally when you click a link you will see the link down inthe left corner while Firefox opens up the new site - but nothing. I`ve tried to put the adr. into the "bar" directly, but no same result. I`m running Firefox 18.0 at my portable PC and there are no problems. I`m using Windows 7 Home edition. One more thing normally there has been no problem with upgrading but this time I had to download the whole Firefox (booth the 18.01 and 19.0beta versions) and run them as admin to be able to upgrade. HELP!!!
Additional System Details
- Shockwave Flash 11.5 r502
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 11.0.0
- A plugin to detect whether the Adobe Application Manager is installed on this machine.
- Nexus Personal Plug-Ins
- Adobe Shockwave for Director Netscape plug-in, version 18.104.22.1689
- DjVu browser plugin
- Wacom Dynamic Link Library
- The plug-in allows you to open and edit files using Microsoft Office applications
- Office Authorization plug-in for NPAPI browsers
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:19.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/19.0
The signin.ebay.de URL links to a secure web page.
Are the other links normal http: links?
A possible cause is security software (firewall,anti-virus) that blocks or restricts Firefox or the plugin-container process without informing you, possibly after detecting changes (update) to the Firefox program.
Remove all rules for Firefox and the plugin-container from the permissions list in the firewall and let your firewall ask again for permission to get full unrestricted access to internet for Firefox and the plugin-container process and the updater process.
One more thing. I have no problem with the swedish Ebay-site. It is called Tradera. so I guess it not a secure-site problem
Try to boot the computer in Windows Safe mode with network support (press F8 on the boot screen) as a test to see if that helps.
You can try to reset (power off/on) the router.