How do I restore System Restore?
How do I restore System Restore? I am running Firefox 17.0 on Windows XP SP3.
The pop-up asking if I wanted to upgrade to FF 17.0 had a link to a warning that it might disable System Restore. I clicked “No” for the update not wanting to lose System Restore but 17.0 somehow loaded anyway. Since Mozilla techs knew that 17.0 could cause System Restore problems, I am hoping they will know how to fix them.Go to answer 2
Additional System Details
- Shockwave Flash 11.5 r502
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 11.0.0
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Google Update
- IE Tab plugin
- Google Updater pluginhttp://pack.google.com/
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- Provides additional functionality on Facebook. See our web site for details.
- DRM Netscape Network Object
- Npdsplay dll
- DRM Store Netscape Plugin
- Windows Multimedia Services DRM Store Plug-In
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 5.1; rv:17.0) Gecko/17.0 Firefox/17.0
I don't understand the question. Could you explain it better?
If you are asking about Windows System Restore described in this Microsoft support article that's something that's not covered on this forum.
If you are asking about the Firefox Reset feature, see Reset Firefox – easily fix most problems
The pop-up asking if I wanted to upgrade to FF 17.0 had a link to a warning that it might disable System Restore. I clicked “No” for the update not wanting to lose System Restore but 17.0 somehow loaded anyway. Since Mozilla techs knew that 17.0 could cause System Restore problems, I am hoping they will know how to fix them.
Firefox updates don't disable Windows System Restore but it's possible that one of your add-ons might be disabled after an update. See Re-enable add-ons that were disabled when updating Firefox
It might help if you could tell us which extensions you have added to Firefox, since one of those might not be compatible with Firefox 18. A list of installed extensions and other troubleshooting information can be copied to this thread as follows:
- Click the Firefox button at the top left, then click the Help menu and select Troubleshooting information from the submenu. If you don't have a Firefox button, click the Help menu at the top and select Troubleshooting information from the menu.
Now, a new tab containing your troubleshooting information should open.
- At the top of the page, you should see a button that says "Copy all to clipboard. Click it.
- Now, go back to your forum post and click inside the reply box. Press Ctrl+V to paste all the information you copied into the forum post.
If you need further information about the Troubleshooting information page, please read the article Use the Troubleshooting Information page to help fix Firefox issues.
Thanks in advance for your help!
P.S. Firefox 18 is the latest version of Firefox. To stay safe online, you should update to Firefox 18. See Update Firefox to the latest version for
detsiled detailed information about the update process, including screenshots.
Modified by AliceWyman