clearing the history causes the enter key and search button not to work
If I clear my history and set my browser to never remember or suggest websites, the search button doesn't work. I can click on it but nothing happens. In addition, if I simply use the enter key from my keyboard, that doesn't work either. I have to reset firefox and then the new version will work (but if I go back and change all my history settings again and then it stops working). Please help.
Additional System Details
- Shockwave Flash 11.5 r502
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape "9.5.3"
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 10.1.5
- iTunes Detector Plug-in
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 1.6.0_32 for Mozilla browsers
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- ActiveTouch General Plugin Container Version 105
- Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF) plug-in for Mozilla browsers
- DRM Netscape Network Object
- Npdsplay dll
- DRM Store Netscape Plugin
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 5.1; rv:19.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/19.0
The Reset Firefox feature can fix many issues by restoring Firefox to its factory default state while saving your essential information. Note: This will cause you to lose any Extensions, Open websites, and some Preferences.
To Reset Firefox do the following:
- Go to Firefox > Help > Troubleshooting Information.
- Click the "Reset Firefox" button.
- Firefox will close and reset. After Firefox is done, it will show a window with the information that is imported. Click Finish.
- Firefox will open with all factory defaults applied.
Further information can be found in the Reset Firefox – easily fix most problems article.
Did this fix your problems? Please report back to us!
I did the reset as you mentioned and it works until I clear the history and set the "never remember" functionality. It will be a pain for me to have to do this every time I open Firefox. Help!