Ho do i unselect the "Do this automatically for files like this from now on." in the download dialog box?
I have mistakenly clicked on the "Do this automatically for files like this from now on" in the download dialogue box. I want to open a pdf in adobe when I click on the link. currently the file just gets saved and I cannot change it. I have read thru the suggestions and gone into tools> options> applications and reassigned all of the pdf options to ask first and firefox still just downloads the files to somewhere. I don't want this option and I need to unselect the automatic box.
How do i do so? I would really like to talk to someone on the phone.
Chosen solutionby Tylerdowner
Additional System Details
- Google Update
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Shockwave Flash 11.4 r402
- eRoom Mozilla Plugin
- Microsoft Lync 2010 Meeting Join Plug-in
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; rv:9.0.1) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/9.0.1
First, please update to Firefox 18. Update Firefox to the latest version
Then read Reset Firefox – easily fix most problems
Thanks tylerdowner. I tried to update and was unable to. I am still on v9.0.1 and it says I am on a release update channel. Can you help here? I also tried to reset firefox and went to the troubleshooting information page but there was not an option to reset.
Ok, do this:
- Go to www.getfirefox.com, and download Firefox. Install it over your current version of Firefox
- After installing Firefox 18, then try to Reset.
Thanks Tylerdowner, that fixed the problem. you have been a great help.
Note that you can delete the mimeTypes.rdf file in the Firefox Profile Folder to reset all file actions.
- Help > Troubleshooting Information > Profile Directory: Show Folder