excessive RAM memory usage
I am now using Firefox 18 and notice excessive RAM usage. It is currently running about 400,000k when it should be around 150.
I have tried suggestions like disabling plugins etc, I have installed RAMback, and have made changes suggested to things within the about:config function. When I look at Task Manager in Windows 7, the RAM figure for Firefox seems to be increasing as I look at it, without me even adding / opening tabs etc.
So, what can I do now (I really don't want to use IE !!)
Any suggestions appreciated
Additional System Details
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; rv:17.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/17.0
The Reset Firefox feature can fix many issues by restoring Firefox to its factory default state while saving your essential information. Note: This will cause you to lose any Extensions, Open websites, and some Preferences.
To Reset Firefox do the following:
- Go to Firefox > Help > Troubleshooting Information.
- Click the "Reset Firefox" button.
- Firefox will close and reset. After Firefox is done, it will show a window with the information that is imported. Click Finish.
- Firefox will open with all factory defaults applied.
Further information can be found in the Reset Firefox – easily fix most problems article.
Did this fix your problems? Please report back to us!