how to get rid of add-ons on the navigation bar
It used to be that my add-ons were in the add-on bar at the bottom of Firefox. As of late, the same add-on in duplicated to the right of the navigation bar, east of the search box. How can I get rid of it there? I don't need it there; I have the add-on bar for that.
Additional System Details
- Shockwave Flash 11.5 r502
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 11.0.01
- Google Update
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- iTunes Detector Plug-in
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 10.9.2 for Mozilla browsers
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- TrendMicro Toolbar Rating Plugin
- Adobe Shockwave for Director Netscape plug-in, version 126.96.36.1998
- RealJukebox Netscape Plugin
- RealNetworks(tm) RealPlayer Chrome Background Extension Plug-In
- RealPlayer(tm) HTML5VideoShim Plug-In
- RealPlayer(tm) LiveConnect-Enabled Plug-In
- RealPlayer Download Plugin
- Adobe Shockwave for Director Netscape plug-in, version 188.8.131.526
- Adobe Shockwave for Director Netscape plug-in, version 184.108.40.2064
- DivX VOD Helper Plug-in
- DivX Web Player version 220.127.116.110
- D'Fusion @Home Web Plug-In (2.30.11563.0)
- Office Live Update v1.5
- The plug-in allows you to open and edit files using Microsoft Office applications
- Office Authorization plug-in for NPAPI browsers
- Version 0.9.15, Copyright 2006-2009 Veetle Inchttp://www.veetle.com/
- Version 0.9.15, copyright 2006-2009 Veetle Inchttp://www.veetle.com/
- Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF) plug-in for Mozilla browsers
- DRM Netscape Network Object
- Npdsplay dll
- DRM Store Netscape Plugin
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 5.1; rv:18.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/18.0
I have tried to customize the bar and drag the add-on out of there. I have reset Firefox. But the add-on comes back to the navigation bar every time.
Can you attach a screenshot?
Use a compressed image type like PNG or JPG to save the screenshot.
There you go.
Looks that they are added by an extension.
Tried everything, nothing worked. I think this is what it is by design.
Do you get any tooltip if you hover those buttons?
Do you still see them in Safe mode?
You may see a toolbar button or sidebar from the Social features.
You can disable the Social features by setting the social.enabled pref to false on the about:config page.
I think what it is it's an add-in ("Stretch Clock") that installs itself in the address bar AND the add-in bar by design and there's nothing that can be done about it.