I have tried almost everything in support forum to end the freezing problem, and just when I think the latest thing I have read has solved it, it happens again. One page it freezes once in a while is: http://www.nationalpost.com/index.html. Other wise it is random sites that I visit. The only thing I havent done is disable the add-ons that I rely on all the time, namely ReminderFox, Sage, Email Link, and Flashblock, all up-to-date.
I currently have four plugins enabled, being: Adobe Acrobat, itunes application detector, Windows media player firefox plugin and Shockwave Flash, all are up-to-date.
- All posts
- Helpful Solutions
The Reset Firefox feature can fix many issues by restoring Firefox to its factory default state while saving your essential information. Note: This will cause you to lose any Extensions, Open websites, and some Preferences.
To Reset Firefox do the following:
- Go to Firefox > Help > Troubleshooting Information.
- Click the "Reset Firefox" button.
- Firefox will close and reset. After Firefox is done, it will show a window with the information that is imported. Click Finish.
- Firefox will open with all factory defaults applied.
Further information can be found in the Reset Firefox – easily fix most problems article.
Did this fix your problems? Please report back to us!
Try to disable hardware acceleration in Firefox.
- Tools > Options > Advanced > General > Browsing: "Use hardware acceleration when available"
You can also do a check for problems caused by plugins.
In Firefox Safe mode these changes are effective:
- all extensions are disabled
- the default theme is used (no persona)
- userChrome.css and userContent.css are ignored
- the default toolbar layout is used
- hardware acceleration is disabled
- plugins are not affected
- preferences are not affected