Firefox has been filled with ads in the last few days (no ads in Chrome or IE), and no malware from my scans; is there any way to avoid the ads on every site?
Even on pages like the Google homepage, there are ads appearing, with the tag 'ads not from this site'. My scans with Malwarebytes and the other usuals also do not help. There are no problems at all with Chrome or IE.
Additional System Details
- Shockwave Flash 11.5 r502
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 10.10.2 for Mozilla browsers
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:19.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/19.0
The Reset Firefox feature can fix many issues by restoring Firefox to its factory default state while saving your essential information. Note: This will cause you to lose any Extensions, Open websites, and some Preferences.
To Reset Firefox do the following:
- Go to Firefox > Help > Troubleshooting Information.
- Click the "Reset Firefox" button.
- Firefox will close and reset. After Firefox is done, it will show a window with the information that is imported. Click Finish.
- Firefox will open with all factory defaults applied.
Further information can be found in the Reset Firefox – easily fix most problems article.
Did this fix your problems? Please report back to us!