When will Firefox unblock Java
I understand that do to the security issues of Java 7 update 10 that Firefox blocked all Java usage, but since update 11 fixes these issues, when will Firefox unblock Java usage. I have already installed update 11 for java.
Additional System Details
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Shockwave Flash 11.5 r502
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 10.1.5
- WildTangent Games App V2 Presence Detector
- Google Update
- Google Updater pluginhttp://pack.google.com/
JAVA 7 update 11
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:18.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/18.0
If your java is outdated then its disabled, enable your java plugin
Firefox Menu > Tools > Addons > Plugins
- Enable Java plugin.
Check whether your java is upto date or not.
It says that my plugin is up to date: yet still won't work (ex. pocket-monkey,com & other sites), yet will work on others.
Java 7u11 is blocked because a cracker was caught selling a new 0-day vulnerability that nobody knows about yet. And there appear to be at least two other vulnerabilities in u11 as well that need fixing. If you still need to enable Java, this article will help you unblock it.
In the article it shows the plug in symbol in the address bar; I don't even see that when I try to enable Java. I really hope they fix all this soon!