Pin Tab verus Pin as App Tab
Hello: I have noticed sometimes i have the right click (context menu) option that says
> Pin as Tab, and sometimes option
> Pin as App Tab
1 what is controlling which option shows?
2 I rarely see Pin as Tab, and I would like to see it more often. How do I always have this option available to me?
thankyou in advance
Modified by seasaltseasalt
Additional System Details
- Shockwave Flash 11.5 r502
- Displays Java applet content, or a placeholder if Java is not installed.
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- The Flip4Mac WMV Plugin allows you to view Windows Media content using QuickTime.
- Office Live Update v1.0
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10.6; rv:17.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/17.0
App tab was renamed as Pin Tab. With the latest version (18) you should see "Pin Tab"
must be something else... as Im 17.0.1 and I HAVE SEEN BOTH. I promise i have. mmm..
Then maybe you may want to update to the latest version which is 18 and then do a "reset" if it still occurs?
The Reset Firefox feature can fix many issues by restoring Firefox to its factory default state while saving your essential information. Note: This will cause you to lose any Extensions, Open websites, and some Preferences.
To Reset Firefox do the following:
- Go to Firefox > Help > Troubleshooting Information.
- Click the "Reset Firefox" button.
- Firefox will close and reset. After Firefox is done, it will show a window with the information that is imported. Click Finish.
- Firefox will open with all factory defaults applied.
Further information can be found in the Reset Firefox – easily fix most problems article.
Did this fix your problems? Please report back to us!
no... that is definitely not my type of support. sorry.
i wait to upgrade til my add-ons are all supported. Im not into resets. they for me hide the issue. this is a functionality question there was definitely 2 options
thankyou for trying to help
This is not hiding the issue. This is a normal standard thing we ask our users to do when they have an issue. Secondly, I do understand your issue with having all add-ons compatible with your browser and so I will not push you to update your browser. In version 17 they are referred to as an "App Tab". In version 18 they are called "Pin Tab"
You can see this for yourself by visiting Pinned Tabs - keep favorite websites open and just a click away
Yes, in Firefox 17 it is labeled "Pin as App Tab".
I don't know why you see a "Pin as Tab" instead.
An extension or theme may be causing this.
Any tab related extensions installed?
Start Firefox in Safe Mode to check if one of the extensions (Firefox/Tools > Add-ons > Extensions) or if hardware acceleration is causing the problem (switch to the DEFAULT theme: Firefox/Tools > Add-ons > Appearance).
- Do NOT click the Reset button on the Safe mode start window or otherwise make changes.