Java usage after Firefox updates
It seems like every time Firefox updates, my Java won't work on some of the games I play on pogo.com. It brings up a sign telling me to install Java, which I have and which is up to date. I clear my caches, make sure I have the latest Java version, delete older versions, and in the end, just don't go to sites/games that it is having problems with. Why does this happen? I've heard of the problems with the Java 7 version, and tried to go to the older version, but it still doesn't work. Then, when I went to the Mozilla site, it told me that Java has been blocked and to click on the block in the top corner to enable it for trusted sites. I don't have a "lego" block anywhere that I can click on, and in my add-ons page, it shows that Java is enabled. I'm getting extremely frustrated with this happening every time Firefox updates!
Additional System Details
- Shockwave Flash 11.5 r502
- Roblox Launcher Plugin
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- Adobe Shockwave for Director Netscape plug-in, version 220.127.116.118
- Adobe Shockwave for Director Netscape plug-in, version 18.104.22.1687
- Adobe Shockwave for Director Netscape plug-in, version 22.214.171.1246
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 10.1.4
- Adobe Shockwave for Director Netscape plug-in, version 126.96.36.1995
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 10.5.1 for Mozilla browsers
- SOE Web Installer
- Provides additional functionality on Facebook. See our web site for details.
- Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF) plug-in for Mozilla browsers
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.0; rv:18.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/18.0
Update to Java 7 update 11 is you must continue using Java. http://javadl.sun.com/webapps/download/AutoDL?BundleId=73141