The "remember passwords for sites" box is graytone and I cannot click on it. How can I save password?
Firefox... Using Windows 7 -- Tools --> Options --> Security Cannot click on "Remember Passwords for Sites", only on create Master Password. What might be wrong? Thank you
Additional System Details
- Shockwave Flash 11.5 r502
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape "9.5.3"
- The plug-in allows you to open and edit files using Microsoft Office applications
- Office Authorization plug-in for NPAPI browsers
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:18.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/18.0
hello dhannay, do you use a norton security product by any chance? it might interfere with the firefox password management...
otherwise you could try to reset firefox and see if this makes a difference (this will keep your bookmarks and passwords): Reset Firefox – easily fix most problems
Not using Norton. Followed suggestion to "Reset Firefox" and that worked well, although my menu bar was lost and I had to get into Toolbars to reestablish it. Now everything is proper again. Thanks "madperson" !
Note that running Firefox in Private Browsing mode also disables this check box.
- Tools > Options > Privacy: Use custom settings for history
- Deselect: [ ] "Always use private browsing mode"
Thank you cor-el, this and resetting Firefox has solved my problem. dh