Firefox load website very slow. Works fine on other account using some computer (Mac OSX 10.5.8)
We use one desktop (Mac OSX 10.5.8) with individual accounts. Firefox work fine on one account but loads really slowly in other account. Version on firefox is 16.0.2 and it said its updated.
Additional System Details
- Shockwave Flash 10.3 r183
- Adobe® Acrobat® Plug-in for Web Browsers, Version 10.1.5
- Office Live Update v1.0
- Garmin Communicator Plug-in Version 18.104.22.168
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- BrowserPlus -- Improve your browser! -- http://browserplus.yahoo.com/
- The Flip4Mac WMV Plugin allows you to view Windows Media content using QuickTime.
- DivX Web Player version 22.214.171.124
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10.5; rv:16.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/16.0
Have tried resetting to no avail.
Update to the latest Firefox 18 on the Firefox download page and as you install it allow all users to access it, also update your Java Run time and Adobe Flashplayer
Unable to update. Its says need Mac OSX 10.6 or later. I'm running 10.5. Any older version that can be used?
Download this one: http://www.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/15.0/system-requirements/
Try to disable IPv6, but also check other suggestions: