Firefox unnecessarily starting discrete graphics on OSX 10.8
Firefox 18 is forcing my macbook pro to use the discreet grahics card each time a banner appears on the screen, this is particuarly common on Yahoo. When I land on the same site using safari the discrete graphics card is not used. This is shortening the battery life of my mac because of the extra power needed to run the higher graphics card.
Additional System Details
- Shockwave Flash 11.5 r502
- DivX VOD Helper Plug-in
- DivX Plus Web Player version 18.104.22.168
- Displays Java applet content, or a placeholder if Java is not installed.
- Microsoft Office for Mac SharePoint Browser Plug-in
- Adobe® Acrobat® Plug-in for Web Browsers, Version 11.0.0
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- A plugin to detect whether the Adobe Application Manager is installed on this machine.
- Amazon MP3 Downloader Plugin 1.0.17
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10.8; rv:18.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/18.0
Hi, I tried that, but the problem persists :-(
Have attached image showing GPU Changes.