Fire Fox 18 has problems correctly rendering web pages.
I am having problems with web pages not displaying correctly or being malformed since I installed Firefox 18. I have not changed any settings.
I downgraded to v 18.0 and so far so goodGo to answer 1
Additional System Details
- Shockwave Flash 11.5 r502
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 11.0.01
- Google Update
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 10.9.2 for Mozilla browsers
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- IE Tab 2 Plug-in for Mozilla/Firefox
- DjVu browser plugin
- Garmin Communicator Plug-In 22.214.171.124
- Garmin Communicator Plug-In 126.96.36.199
- Unity Player 3.5.1f2
- Nitro PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape
- DYMO Label Framework Plugin
- Inquisit Mozilla Plugin 188.8.131.52
- The plug-in allows you to open and edit files using Microsoft Office applications
- Office Authorization plug-in for NPAPI browsers
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; rv:18.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/18.0
An example is: http://www.psychology.hku.hk/chenlab/study2013s03.html
It displays correctly in IE9, but Firefox displays:
button at the top right hand corner.</p> <div> <a href="#" onClick="newwindow();return false">CONTINUE</div> </body> </html>
Please reload the webpage while bypassing the cache using one of the following steps:
- Hold down the Shift key and click the Reload button with the left mouse key.
- Press Ctrl + F5 or Ctrl + Shift + R (Windows and Linux)
- Press Command + Shift + R (Mac)
Can you attach a screenshot?
Use a compressed image type like PNG or JPG to save the screenshot.
Try to disable hardware acceleration in Firefox.
- Tools > Options > Advanced > General > Browsing: "Use hardware acceleration when available"
I have had the same problem for the past few days. The problem goes away temporarily if I clear the cache but it always comes back quickly. I have started Firefox in safe mode and have done a Firefox reset. I have also uninstalled and reinstalled both Java and Flash thinking that maybe they were corrupting the page layout. Nothing has helped fixed this problem. Please see screenshots.
If you use extensions (Tools > Add-ons > Extensions) like Adblock Plus or NoScript or Flash Block that can block content then make sure that such extensions aren't blocking content.
I downgraded to v 18.0 and so far so good