cannot download and install programs such as google / zone alarm etc
I am lucky to have FireFox -as windows xp and ie 7 or 8 not sure which do not work - but when I try to download and install programs - does not happen - thanks for any help
Additional System Details
- Shockwave Flash 11.5 r502
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 10.1.5
- Google Update
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- iTunes Detector Plug-in
- Adobe Shockwave for Director Netscape plug-in, version 11.5
- Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF) plug-in for Mozilla browsers
- Allows browsing on RealArcade sites with Mozilla browsers.
- RealPlayer(tm) LiveConnect-Enabled Plug-In
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 5.1; rv:18.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/18.0
Thanks for posting here on the Mozilla Support Forum! We are always glad to have you as a user of Firefox.
Have you tried the steps outlined in What to do if you can't download or save files yet?
Did you know that Mozilla Support is helped out by volunteers? Be part of SUMO! http://mzl.la/OJtpch
Donate more than $30 and get a T-Shirt! https://donate.mozilla.org/page/contribute/joinmozilla
Modified by feer56
Do a malware check with some malware scanning programs on the Windows computer.
You need to scan with all programs because each program detects different malware.
Make sure that you update each program to get the latest version of their databases before doing a scan.
- http://www.malwarebytes.org/mbam.php - Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware
- http://www.superantispyware.com/ - SuperAntispyware
- http://www.microsoft.com/security/scanner/en-us/default.aspx - Microsoft Safety Scanner
- http://www.microsoft.com/windows/products/winfamily/defender/default.mspx - Windows Defender: Home Page
- http://www.safer-networking.org/en/index.html - Spybot Search & Destroy
You can also do a check for a rootkit infection with TDSSKiller.
- "Spyware on Windows": http://kb.mozillazine.org/Popups_not_blocked
I had Malware - zone-alarm - mse - Malware does not even work anymore - runtime errors - can't update latest zone - mse - so far is ok - also - can't run or update sophos - or sysbot I am lucky I can at least use the computer for a few things Thanks again for any help
checked this link out - nothing seems to work - all downloads are listed as "binary" - then when runs - get run-time error Thanks
Try to boot the computer in Windows Safe mode with network support (press F8 on the boot screen) as a test to see if that helps.
Tried this - did not work - not quite sure what the problem is - hope it gets corrected soon!!!