When I open Firefox, I see 2 different panels. The one on the left is the one I expect but the one on the right is just not correct.
I opened my gmail account in Firefox. The left panel is showing my mail information data from google, ie, Mail, then Compose, then the various gmail options but a second unexpected right panel shows up also. Right now that panel is the one I'm in to submit this report.
Additional System Details
- Shockwave Flash 11.5 r502
- Adobe® Acrobat® Plug-in for Web Browsers, Version 10.1.5
- Displays Java applet content, or a placeholder if Java is not installed.
- A plugin to detect whether the Adobe Extension Manager is installed on this machine.
- LastPass Plugin
- Version 188.8.131.5212
- Google Talk Plugin Video Accelerator version:0.1.44.23
- Microsoft Office for Mac SharePoint Browser Plug-in
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- Plugin that detects installed Citrix Online products (visit www.citrixonline.com).
- The Flip4Mac WMV Plugin allows you to view Windows Media content using QuickTime.
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10.8; rv:18.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/18.0
The left panel can be resized from about the width of the gmail offerings to about twice that size. When it is resized larger, in addition to the google gmail menu items I also see just about the same width of information at the google menu shows and it is for the selected message in the inbox.
I did a screen capture of what I have described but can't figure out how to display it.
Please help because I've been using Firefox for many years but now I haven't been able to use it since I began trying to troubleshoot it a month or so ago.
Can you attach a screenshot?
Use a compressed image type like PNG or JPG to save the screenshot.
You may be seeing the Social features sidebar.
You can disable the Social features by setting the social.enabled pref to false on the about:config page.