Why can't I log on to YouTube using firefox.
I can open videos on YouTube but I can not log into my account. I have deleted all of my cookies and have updated all of my plugins (adobe and java were out of date.)
Additional System Details
- User Agent: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 8.0; Windows NT 5.1; Trident/4.0; GTB7.4; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; .NET CLR 3.5.30729; .NET CLR 3.0.4506.2152; AskTbORJ/184.108.40.206495; McAfee)
Thank you for posting here on the Mozilla Support Forums! We appreciate you as a user of Firefox!
Lets start off by getting some basic information first and then troubleshooting.
What is the current operating system you are using? Are you experiencing this issue on another browser? What is the current version of the browser?
I use Windows XP. I am able to log on using Explorer. Firefox version is 17.0.1. Thanks so much for the help.
Thank you for responding back! I would suggest a reset of Firefox, please see instructions below.
The Reset Firefox feature can fix many issues by restoring Firefox to its factory default state while saving your essential information. Note: This will cause you to lose any Extensions, Open websites, and some Preferences.
To Reset Firefox do the following:
- Go to Firefox > Help > Troubleshooting Information.
- Click the "Reset Firefox" button.
- Firefox will close and reset. After Firefox is done, it will show a window with the information that is imported. Click Finish.
- Firefox will open with all factory defaults applied.
Further information can be found in the Reset Firefox – easily fix most problems article.
Did this fix your problems? Please report back to us!
Thanks so much. I am cooking with gas on Mozilla now. I just got onto YouTube with FF.
Thank you for reporting back! Please select the resolution for this so we have this marked as solved.