Cannot attach files to emails
Over a year ago I could not attach a pciture to an outgoing email when using firefox as my browser and yahoo as my email. Then it started working again and now it is not working again. I type an email and try to attach a file and I cannot. If I sign in thru internet explorer I can attach the file without any problems. Any help would be appreciated on why I cannot attach a file to an emailk with firefox as my browser.
Additional System Details
- Shockwave Flash 11.5 r502
- Garmin Communicator Plug-In 188.8.131.52
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Google Update
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 10.1.4
- Amazon MP3 Downloader Plugin 1.0.17
- Shockwave Flash 11.2 r202
- BrowserPlus -- Improve your browser! -- http://browserplus.yahoo.com/
- The plug-in allows you to open and edit files using Microsoft Office applications
- Office Authorization plug-in for NPAPI browsers
- Coupons, Inc. Coupon Printer Plugin
- Coupons, Inc. Coupon Printer DLL
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:17.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/17.0
Not sure what to try now.
The Reset Firefox feature can fix many issues by restoring Firefox to its factory default state while saving your essential information. Note: This will cause you to lose any Extensions, Open websites, and some Preferences.
To Reset Firefox do the following:
- Go to Firefox > Help > Troubleshooting Information.
- Click the "Reset Firefox" button.
- Firefox will close and reset. After Firefox is done, it will show a window with the information that is imported. Click Finish.
- Firefox will open with all factory defaults applied.
Further information can be found in the Reset Firefox – easily fix most problems article.
Did this fix your problems? Please report back to us!
Just installed Pure 2.0 as an upgrade to Kas Internet Security on my ASUS pc laptop. Firefox 18.0.2 has automatically disabled Kas URL Advisor 184.108.40.2061, Anti-Banner, and Virtual Keyboard. are these or any other issues w/Pure 2.0 responsible for suddenly corrupting Firefox or my webmail server's ability to attach files to emails just after i had installed Pure? i need your help determining whether that's the cause or simply correlation.
when i try to attach any file to an email message, my email pops up a blank window with the following address: http://md03.quartz.synacor.com/service/upload?fmt=extended
WHAT HASN'T FIXED THE PROBLEM: 1. a tech service call to my isp who thinks Kas Pure is the issue since all isp diagnostics check out ok. 2. disabling Pure didn't allow for attaching files. 3. neither did uninstalling it. 4. neither did re-installing using Kas-supplied recovery disk which then needed massive updates.
WHAT TEMPORARILY WORKED AROUND THE PROBLEM: 1. restarting Firefox with add-ons disabled. THIS mode allowed attachments, but isn't sustainable. 2. IN ADDITION, as i re-enabled add-ons ONE AT A TIME i could successfully send an email attachment AT EACH POINT. once all-ons were back on and i restarted the computer, the problem returned. 3. sending email with attachments from Internet Explorer (i will not return to that browser!). 4. sending email with attachments through the same isp using our iMac.
i will now try the fix mentioned above.