I have updated firefox & flash, downgraded flash to 10.3 and tried everything but videos still appear as a black screen after months on my macbook running Lion.
I have had this problem for months now and in the past - usually though upgrading/downgrading and googling I can get videos working again but this time I cannot! Videos will load in chrome and safari and the occasional video will load - such an embedded links from putlocker etc. for streaming. I mostly notice the problem with youtube because nothing will load on there. I just don't know how to fix it now - I have updated firefox again, updated realplayer, updated and downgraded flash... A solution would be highly appreciated!
Additional System Details
- Shockwave Flash 10.3 r183
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- Displays Java applet content, or a placeholder if Java is not installed.
- RealPlayer Plugin
- DivX Plus Web Player version 220.127.116.11
- DivX VOD Helper Plug-in
- Microsoft Office for Mac SharePoint Browser Plug-in
- The Flip4Mac WMV Plugin allows you to view Windows Media content using QuickTime.
- Adobe Shockwave for Director Netscape plug-in, version 11.6.1
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10.7; rv:18.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/18.0