How can I change the password for my access to using firefox?
Answers deny there is any password -- however, now and then I am asked to confirm that I am the person identified on the MY Yahoo -- I am asked for a username and password.
An example is when I change computers and Yahoo or Mozilla does not recognize the new computer.
I do not understand -- yes normally, I simply open the browser and use it. BUT!!!
I am probably using the wrong jargon for what I want to change.
Additional System Details
- Garmin Communicator Plug-In 220.127.116.11
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 1.6.0_31 for Mozilla browsers
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Shockwave Flash 11.1 r102
- Coupons, Inc. Coupon Printer Plugin
- Coupons, Inc. Coupon Printer DLL
- BrowserPlus -- Improve your browser! -- http://browserplus.yahoo.com/
- Foxit Reader Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- iTunes Detector Plug-in
- DRM Netscape Network Object
- Npdsplay dll
- DRM Store Netscape Plugin
- RealJukebox Netscape Plugin
- RealPlayer(tm) LiveConnect-Enabled Plug-In
- Macromedia Shockwave for Director Netscape plug-in, version 10.1
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 5.1; rv:17.0) Gecko/17.0 Firefox/17.0
Operating system is Microsoft XP on one of our computers and Win7 on the other.
hello, yahoo will log you out after 2 weeks for security purposes - it might also recognize when you access your yahoo account through a different device & ask for authentication again. this is all determined on the server-side by yahoo, so firefox can't influence such behaviour...
if you have the impression that these log-outs happen to often or are inconvenient you can also try to contact yahoo's support...
OK -- I now understand that the password I want to change is internal to Firefox and used to protect my privacy when I try to open mail or other personal areas.
I think I can find the place to do this.