The above is a secure website I use for work. After Firefox updated to 17 the website no longer works. Updating to Firefox 18 did not help. All I get is a blank screen when I now try to pull up the opening page after entering my username and password. The site works with Safari, but not as well as it works with the old Firefox.
- All posts
- Helpful Solutions
Try the Firefox Safe Mode to see how it works there. The Safe Mode is a troubleshooting mode, which disables most add-ons.
(If you're not using it, switch to the Default theme.)
- You can open the Firefox 4.0+ Safe Mode by holding the Shift key when you use the Firefox desktop or Start menu shortcut.
- Or use the Help menu item and click on the Restart with Add-ons Disabled... menu item while Firefox is running.
Don't select anything right now, just use "'Start in Safe Mode" To exit the Firefox Safe Mode, just close Firefox and wait a few seconds before using the Firefox shortcut (without the Shift key) to open it again. If it is good in the Firefox Safe Mode, your problem is probably caused by an extension, and you need to figure out which one.
Please follow the Troubleshoot extensions, themes and hardware acceleration issues to solve common Firefox problems article for that.
When you figure out what's causing your issues, please let us know. It might help other users who have the same problem.
Clear the cache and the cookies from sites that cause problems.
"Clear the Cache":
- Firefox > Preferences > Advanced > Network > Cached Web Content: "Clear Now"
"Remove Cookies" from sites causing problems:
- Firefox > Preferences > Privacy > Cookies: "Show Cookies"
Is there any page source loaded?
- Firefox > Web Developer > Page Source
- Tools > Web Developer > Page Source (Ctrl+U)
- Right-click on a web page to open the context menu and select View Page Source
You need the reload and bypass the cache (Command + Shift + R) to refresh the log.
I am seeing the problem but I think it is due to a recent update from F5 to fix issues with Windows 8. I did have Firefox 18 and Chromium Version 23.0.1271.97 working fine until the 27th when an F5 update was rolled out.
If I type about:plugins in firefox I see
F5 Network Access plugin
File: np_F5_SSL_VPN_x86_64.so Version: F5 Network Access plugin, Ver. 7071.2012.830.1
MIME Type Description Suffixes application/x-f5-sslvpn F5 Network Access plugin
When I try to access F5 Big-IP, it seems to go into a redirection loop.