Keyword search doesn't work on latest Android (v18) with synced FF
I really like Firefox for Android, especially the Sync feature.
However, Bookmark Keywords still do not work, even with the latest version of Firefox for Android (v18 of 8th January 2013).
When you enter a Bookmark Keyword in the address line, a Google Search is launched. This is annoying! Firefox Bookmark Keywords IMHO are much more useful, especially on Smartphones. Besides, this is still a usability inconsistence between the Desktop version and the Smartphone version of Firefox.
The best solution would be to create a "reasonable Bookmark Keyword - Google Search precedence order". If the words you type in match a Bookmark Keyword, then the Bookmark gets addressed. As a fallback(!) a Google search is done.
This problem has been reported for quite a while now, see e.g. https://support.mozilla.org/de/questions/931333
Additional System Details
- Google Update
- Garmin Communicator Plug-In 126.96.36.199
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 10.9.2 for Mozilla browsers
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Citrix Receiver Plugin (Win32)
- Shockwave Flash 11.3 r300
- Winamp Application Detector
- NVIDIA 3D Vision Streaming plugin for Mozilla browsers
- NVIDIA 3D Vision plugin for Mozilla browsers
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 10.1.3
- VLC media player Web Plugin 2.0.0
- Intel web components updater - Installs and updates the Intel web components
- Intel web components for Intel® Identity Protection Technology
- The plug-in allows you to open and edit files using Microsoft Office applications
- Office Authorization plug-in for NPAPI browsers
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:17.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/17.0