When accessing Hotmail, get comment: Something went wrong and we can't sign you in right now. Please try again later. Thank you.
It happened suddenly. After that, I reset computer to an earlier date. Did not fix problem. I reloaded Internet explorer, Version 8. Did not fix problem. I can access Hotmail from another computer without problem. I think I changed something in tools that might have caused the problem. All fixes and virus checking are up to date.
Appreciate any help you can provide.
I had a similar problem. I could access Hotmail but not any folds. I use Firefox 17.0.1 as my browser and tried IE and no problems with Hotmail. I had to uninstall Firefox and reinstall, then it worked fine.Read this answer in context 2
Additional System Details
- Shockwave Flash 11.5 r502
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 1.6.0_37 for Mozilla browsers
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape "9.5.2"
- interneTIFF Internet Imaging
- Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF) plug-in for Mozilla browsers
- DRM Netscape Network Object
- Npdsplay dll
- DRM Store Netscape Plugin
- Windows Multimedia Services DRM Store Plug-In
- LEADTOOLS CMP Plugin DLL
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 5.1; rv:17.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/17.0
Please reload the webpage while bypassing the cache using one of the following steps:
- Hold down the Shift key and click the Reload button with the left mouse key.
- Press Ctrl + F5 or Ctrl + Shift + R (Windows and Linux)
- Press Command + Shift + R (Mac)
See if this helps solve the issues you had and please report back to us!
I had a similar problem. I could access Hotmail but not any folds. I use Firefox 17.0.1 as my browser and tried IE and no problems with Hotmail. I had to uninstall Firefox and reinstall, then it worked fine.
Under internet options, I reset Internet Explorers setting to their default condition. That fixed Hotmail within the Internet Explorer browser. Still could not get in through Foxfire browser. So, as suggested, I renewed the Foxfire browser and that solved the problem.
Clear the cache and the cookies from sites that cause problems.
"Clear the Cache":
- Tools > Options > Advanced > Network > Cached Web Content: "Clear Now"
"Remove Cookies" from sites causing problems:
- Tools > Options > Privacy > Cookies: "Show Cookies"
Start Firefox in Safe Mode to check if one of the extensions (Firefox/Tools > Add-ons > Extensions) or if hardware acceleration is causing the problem (switch to the DEFAULT theme: Firefox/Tools > Add-ons > Appearance).
- Do not click the Reset button on the Safe mode start window or otherwise make changes.
To me, this is not Firefox issue, I've check it with other browsers as well and face the same issue. Issue is in Hotmail site for more details visit below link.
Modified by thomasmgrasso
Like most programs, It gets bogged down with crap over a long period of time and needs a fresh start. Updating & re-installing Firefox didn't work for me. I had to reset it to solve the problem. It also made the program run cleaner.
This should work for most Window 7 users. While the reset will probably save all your bookmarks and other files, it's a good idea to store them in an unused temp file on your hard drive just in case.
After the reset, Firefox will put a folder on your desktop with all the old data which you can either save or delete later.