Trying to create a Mozilla Persona account, but I'm not receiving the confirm credentials e-mail after three tries. Help?
I'm trying to create a persona account for: (Email removed by mod) but when I try to sign up after I've entered my e-mail and new password, I do not receive my confirmation e-mail (after repeated attempts).
Modified by Tylerdowner
Additional System Details
- Shockwave Flash 11.5 r502
- Microsoft Office for Mac SharePoint Browser Plug-in
- Version 184.108.40.20678
- The Flip4Mac WMV Plugin allows you to view Windows Media content using QuickTime.
- Google Talk Plugin Video Accelerator version:0.1.44.15
- Amazon MP3 Downloader Plugin 1.0.17
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- Displays Java applet content, or a placeholder if Java is not installed.
- WebEx64 General Plugin Container Version 202
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10.7; rv:10.0.2) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/10.0.2
First, you need to update to Firefox 17.0.1. Then go to http://www.mozilla.org/en-US/persona/ and use the "try it out link" to sign up for a persona account
Thank you for your response. Still not having any success.
- I've updated Firefox to 17.0.1 version
- I navigate to the url you suggested, and do not see any "try it out" out link (screenshot attached). I do see a link beneath "Try it Yourself" which takes me to OpenPhoto. The only account I can create there seems to be an OpenPhoto account.
Am I looking in the wrong place?
Try it Yourself is what I meant, sorry. If you create an account on OpenPhoto, you've created a Mozilla Persona account.
The only way to open a Persona Account is to provide credit card info? That is definitely not something we'll be able to use because several of our students do not have credit cards.
You are totally in the wrong place. Go to https://login.persona.org/, if you try to login with your email and password, can you?
The original url you gave me was: http://www.mozilla.org/en-US/persona/ which is in the first screenshot I provided. If I am in the totally wrong place, it is because that is where I was recommended to go.
I cannot login with my email and password, for as I stated in the beginning, I'm not receiving the confirmation email message that validates my email address in order to create a Persona account.
Try to check your spam filter, it's most likely sitting there
I have checked my spam filter numerous times. I have refreshed my inbox numerous times.
It isn't in the spam filter, which I have checked multiple times.
Is this the extent of Mozilla's technical support for acquiring a Persona account? Are there no other troubleshooting recommendations that can allow us to save our student's projects on Popcorn Maker (which was the whole reason for creating a Persona account)?