Firefox for Ubuntu connecting to DuckDuckGo.com on startup
Trying to resolve the issue at: http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?p=12434774#post12434774
On launch of Firefox (for Ubuntu):
Packet traces shows DNS query for duckduckgo.com, then a TCP connection is made, then a few seconds later it is terminated.
Thanks for any direction!
Additional System Details
- Version 18.104.22.16809
- Google Talk Plugin Video Accelerator version:0.1.44.23
- Shockwave Flash 11.5 r502
- Displays Java applet content, or a placeholder if Java is not installed.
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- Microsoft Office for Mac SharePoint Browser Plug-in
- The Flip4Mac WMV Plugin allows you to view Windows Media content using QuickTime.
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10.7; rv:17.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/17.0
Ubuntu and Lubuntu 11.10 Firefox 17.01.
This happens in a fresh profile and even in safe-mode.
Thanks! Cross-posted that to the OP on Ubuntu Forums. Will post any updates here, if the user doesn't beat me to it : )
Looks like this was resolved by updating:
So I upgraded Ubuntu from 11.10 to 12.04 and suprisingly Firefox doesn't connect to duckduckgo on startup anymore.