connected my old hard drive to my new laptop, but can't find places.sqlite anywhere....
when i find the folder default, there is no places.sqlite but only a folder called chrome inside..
Chosen solutionby Tylerdowner
You need to look in the Application Data, or APPDATA (depending on the version of Windows you had on your old hard drive) for the Profile folder (it's a hidden folder). https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/Recovering%20important%20data%20from%20an%20old%20profileRead this answer in context 0
Additional System Details
- Shockwave Flash 11.5 r502
- Google Update
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- McAfee MSC FF plugin DLL
- Plug-in for detecting Nero Kwik Media.
- Intel web components updater - Installs and updates the Intel web components
- Intel web components for Intel® Identity Protection Technology
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 10.1.0
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:17.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/17.0
You need to look in the Application Data, or APPDATA (depending on the version of Windows you had on your old hard drive) for the Profile folder (it's a hidden folder). https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/Recovering%20important%20data%20from%20an%20old%20profile
- x:\Documents and Settings\<user>\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\<profile>\
i found it thanks! now the next problem:
when i copy it in to the new profile and replace it... nothing happens because when i open it again there is still the original places.sqlite and i know that cause the size of the folder didn't change!!! there is also a places.sqlite.corrupt but i dont know if i put that there?!!
The places.sqlite file always has a fixed size of 10MB and gets incremented in 10 MB chunks if more space is needed.
You can use this button to go to the current Firefox profile folder:
- Help > Troubleshooting Information > Profile Directory: Show Folder
You do not need a places.sqlite.corrupt file because a corrupted places.sqlite file was renamed to that file and won't work properly.
So remove all other places files if you copy a saved places.sqlite file to the profile folder.
thank you so much