Java will not update in the check for addon updates in Firefox 17.0.1
Firefox 17.0.1, xp, sp3
I got to tools>add-ons, check for updates. It shows both "Java(TM) Platform SE 7 U9" and "Java Deployment Toolkit 22.214.171.124" as out of date.
I do the update part and download updates. But, when I recheck, Firefox tells me that these are still not updated.
I remove all Java from control panel and double check with "Hijack-this" and ccleaner, restart computer, then do the Java download again from the Java site linked by Mozella firefox update links. I do the whole updates process.
After I check again in the Add-on update checking, it still shows both of the above Java's as still being outdated.
(What is going on here
Additional System Details
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 10.9.2 for Mozilla browsers
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Shockwave Flash 11.5 r502
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- RealJukebox Netscape Plugin
- RealPlayer(tm) LiveConnect-Enabled Plug-In
- RealPlayer Download Plugin
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 10.1.4
- The plug-in allows you to open and edit files using Microsoft Office applications
- Office Authorization plug-in for NPAPI browsers
- Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF) plug-in for Mozilla browsers
- DRM Netscape Network Object
- Npdsplay dll
- DRM Store Netscape Plugin
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 5.1; rv:17.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/17.0