Some Gmail features have failed to load due to an Internet connectivity problem.
This error message comes up both using Firefox and Chrome when using G mail. Also if it works at all, switching from compose to draft just takes very long or keeps working. No problem with G mail using Internet Explorer or Safari. I have used Firefox for many years & want to go back when I can solve this Vexing problem.
Try to boot the computer in Windows Safe mode with network support (press F8 on the boot screen) as a test to see if that helps in case your security software is interfering.Read this answer in context 4
Additional System Details
- Shockwave Flash 11.5 r502
- iTunes Detector Plug-in
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- Google Update
- McAfee MSC FF plugin DLL
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 10.1.4
- Picasa plugin
- Google Updater pluginhttp://pack.google.com/
- RealJukebox Netscape Plugin
- RealPlayer(tm) LiveConnect-Enabled Plug-In
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 1.6.0_23 for Mozilla browsers
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; rv:18.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/18.0
Have done the following , nothing helps
cleared cash, cookies & re=start
The Reset Firefox feature can fix many issues by restoring Firefox to its factory default state while saving your essential information. Note: This will cause you to lose any Extensions, Open websites, and some Preferences.
To Reset Firefox do the following:
- Go to Firefox > Help > Troubleshooting Information.
- Click the "Reset Firefox" button.
- Firefox will close and reset. After Firefox is done, it will show a window with the information that is imported. Click Finish.
- Firefox will open with all factory defaults applied.
Further information can be found in the Reset Firefox – easily fix most problems article.
Did this fix your problems? Please report back to us!
Thank you for your help. I reset Firefox, re started and wanted to answer using G mail with Firefox, and the same error message comes up.. When it does the screan gets very lite with the error message on top.
Some Gmail features have failed to load due to an Internet connectivity problem. If this problem persists, try reloading the page, or using the basic HTML version. Learn More.
I am now using Explorer to send this!
Try to boot the computer in Windows Safe mode with network support (press F8 on the boot screen) as a test to see if that helps in case your security software is interfering.