Delete Cache Trash
My Firefox profile has a folder with the file name Cache.Trash16149. It is 2.7GB and has over 640 thousand files in it. I cleared the cache and a second Cache.Trash folder was created with the latest round of deleted files.
Why is Firefox keeping all the deleted cache files in my profile? How do I get rid of them? How do I keep Firefox from keeping them?
I am running FF 17.0.1 on a 64 bit Win7 computer.
Modified by dclark
That fixed it! Thanks.Read this answer in context 0
Additional System Details
- Shockwave Flash 11.5 r502
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- iTunes Detector Plug-in
- NVIDIA 3D Vision plugin for Mozilla browsers
- NVIDIA 3D Vision Streaming plugin for Mozilla browsers
- Google Update
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 1.6.0_33 for Mozilla browsers
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape "9.5.2"
- The plug-in allows you to open and edit files using Microsoft Office applications
- Office Authorization plug-in for NPAPI browsers
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:17.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/17.0
Firefox moves the current cache folder to a cash trash folder if Firefox hasn't updated the cache index files properly on the previous close down (_CACHE_CLEAN_ file).
Make sure that Firefox closes properly and that there isn't a hanging Firefox or plugin-container process left in the task manager.
Use "Firefox/File > Exit" (Mac: "Firefox > Quit"; Linux: "File > Quit") to close Firefox if you are currently doing that by clicking the close X on the title bar.
You can remove the trash folder(s) if Firefox hasn't done this automatically on a next start.
That fixed it! Thanks.