Java(TM) not showing up in add-ons after installing?
Java Deployment Toolkit shows up but not Java(TM) Runtime!
I installed a fresh copy of Mozilla Firefox and a the latest 64 and 32-bit versions of the latest Java then restarted my PC. When I run Java programs on my browser it says that I have a missing plugin...
It used to work before with the same version of Firefox but with the older Java.
Additional System Details
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Shockwave Flash 11.5 r502
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- Nokia Suite Enabler Plugin
- Adobe Shockwave for Director Netscape plug-in, version 184.108.40.2068
- iTunes Detector Plug-in
- Adobe Shockwave for Director Netscape plug-in, version 220.127.116.117
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 10.1.4
- Adobe Shockwave for Director Netscape plug-in, version 18.104.22.1685
- The plug-in allows you to open and edit files using Microsoft Office applications
- Office Authorization plug-in for NPAPI browsers
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:17.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/17.0
Please check if all your plugins are up-to-date. To do this, go to the Mozilla Plugin Check site.
Once you're there, the site will check if all your plugins have the latest versions. If you see plugins in the list that have a yellow Update button or a red Update now button, please update these immediately.
To do so, please click each red or yellow button. Then you should see a site that allows you to download the latest version. Double-click the downloaded file to start the installation and follow the steps mentioned in the installation procedure.
Done that long time ago. Yes, all of them are updated to the latest version and I've been updating all my plug-ins among other computer software since I got my computer.
The "Java(TM) Platform" add-on is not showing up, that's the problem not the update whatever thing.
The problem with Java..
The issues will be solved soon
kk... if it's not a firefox issue, then I'll go ask the people at java what they're doing.
in the meantime, ill keep waiting for responses here and see what other members say.
tried the clean the registry solution, no luck :/
Do you have JavaFX installed?
No I don't. Never had though...
Downloading now... will let you know what happens.
I can't download it separately, so I'm gonna download Java Dev. Kit instead and replace my regular runtime.
installed it. no luck.
it works with internet explorer 32 and 64 bit though.
Modified by domu221
I have this problem now. For a long time i had not used firefox and today i decided to use it again, in an effort to speed up my PC and IE 9 is memory hog and slow. Firefox is uptodate. I went to add-on manager and disabled a bunch of plugins (including Java runtime and deployment kit). Reloaded firefox. After sometime i decided that i need java enabled again. Went back into add-on manager-> plugins but java runtime platform is gone. I downloaded the latest java (through firefox interface) and installed it, but after installation is complete, there was no Java runtime still. I had disabled Shockwave flash and silverlight plug-ins, but i enabled them again to see if they were causing the problem. But still firefox says 'java is not working' and i suspect i need that Java runtime back again. Should i do a complete uninstall and reinstall all over ? Its a pain i would rather avoid if there is a simple way to find that runtime on my machine (it is hiding somewhere, because java installation was successful).
Just like yours, my machine also runs the IE9 fine and a test of java version (java website link) reports that java is the latest version.
Hi. Sorry if I'm posting too late (I just got the update notification, today).
Keep your old version of Java!
Do not delete it, or the new version (22.214.171.124) won't work. I don't know about any security issues, but it shows, in the plugins area, as updated to the newest version (126.96.36.199) with both the old and new versions installed.
It took me almost an hour to figure that out. Since, I always delete the old version first. Nothing worked, until I reinstalled the old version.