HOW DO YOU STOP A DOWNLOAD IN A TAB?
While enquiring about the same product from different sites, say, I decide on one site before all others have completed downloading their info. However, to ensure I do not cancel/lose all the sites being investigated, I desire to stop them downloading while I examine the chosen site. Should the chosen site prove unacceptable, I can simply continue with the downloads from the other sites by clicking on "Reload" in each tab. Presently, this is not possible as I have to kill each tab which means I lose that option. Please help. Where am I missing it? (I have just chosen Mozilla and cancelled Google Chrome - I am sure you chaps can help). Kindest regards, Paul.
Additional System Details
- Shockwave Flash 11.5 r502
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- RealPlayer(tm) LiveConnect-Enabled Plug-In
- RealPlayer Download Plugin
- RealNetworks(tm) RealDownloader Chrome Background Extension Plug-In
- RealNetworks(tm) RealDownloader PepperFlashVideoShim Plug-In
- RealNetworks(tm) RealDownloader HTML5VideoShim Plug-In
- RealDownloader Plugin
- Adobe Shockwave for Director Netscape plug-in, version 184.108.40.2068
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 10.9.2 for Mozilla browsers
- Google Update
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Adobe Shockwave for Director Netscape plug-in, version 220.127.116.116
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 10.1.4
- Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF) plug-in for Mozilla browsers
- DRM Netscape Network Object
- Npdsplay dll
- DRM Store Netscape Plugin
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 5.1; rv:17.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/17.0
If the URL is in the location bar then a click on the location bar and press the Enter key or click the Go button should (re)load that URL if a normal reload isn't possible.
How do you stop the other sites?
Tnks cor-el - but that really does not help. Let me restate the problem. I have 4 tabs open - searching for one item, say an MP3 song. One of those sites locates the song. Rather than lose those other 3 sites before I confirm the quality of the one located, I just want to stop the downloads of those 3 other sites - doing so also frees up the power on my PC. If the chosen site is no good, I simply proceed with the other 3 sites. Basically I can not locate the "X" that was available in GOOGLE, to stop a download in a tab - that is the crux of my problem.
Do you mean that opening all pages start the download automatically on each of them or do you just want to stop the pages in other tabs from opening until you visit each tab?