Adobe Flash plugin keeps crashing! Build:Nightly 20.0a1; OS:Windows 8 64-bit Pro; Flash Version: 11.6.602.108beta
Firefox Build:Nightly 20.0a1; OS:Windows 8 64-bit Pro; Flash Version: 11.6.602.108beta.
Problem description: The flash plugin just keeps crashing, I have also tried the adobe flash 11.5 version, makes no sense! The webpages cannot load properly now, like YouTube, not to mention videos. I have no Real Player installed, I have followed the protectmode=0 suggestions as well.
The similar problem with the issues in https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/questions/944055?esab=a&as=aaq
Additional System Details
- Shockwave Flash 11.6 r602
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 10.9.2 for Mozilla browsers
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- A plugin to detect whether the Adobe Extension Manager is installed on this machine.
- A plugin to detect whether the Adobe Application Manager is installed on this machine.
- Office Authorization plug-in for NPAPI browsers
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.2; Win64; x64; rv:20.0) Gecko/20121222 Firefox/20.0
Start Firefox in Safe Mode to check if one of the extensions (Firefox/Tools > Add-ons > Extensions) or if hardware acceleration is causing the problem (switch to the DEFAULT theme: Firefox/Tools > Add-ons > Appearance).
- Do not click the Reset button on the Safe mode start window or otherwise make changes.
Did you try to disable hardware acceleration in the Flash player as well?
- disable a possible RealPlayer Browser Record Plugin extension for Firefox and update the RealPlayer if installed
- disable protected mode in Flash 11.3 and later
- disable hardware acceleration in the Flash plugin