When I open a new tab it goes to search.zonealarm.com - I want the new tab to be blank and not go to a site
Additional System Details
- Shockwave Flash 11.5 r502
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 10.9.2 for Mozilla browsers
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 10.1.4
- The plug-in allows you to open and edit files using Microsoft Office applications
- Office Authorization plug-in for NPAPI browsers
- Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF) plug-in for Mozilla browsers
- DRM Netscape Network Object
- Npdsplay dll
- DRM Store Netscape Plugin
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 5.1; rv:17.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/17.0
I am using Zonealarm Firewall (Freeware)
Disable th ZoneAlarm Addon/Toolbar in firefox.
In order to uninstall a possibly unwanted extension, please do the following:
- From the Firefox window click the Firefox button at the top left and select Add-ons, or, if the Firefox button is not shown, click the Tools menu and click Add-ons.
- Once the Add-on Manager has opened in a new tab, click the Extensions button on the left side of the window.
- You should now see a list of your installed extensions on the right side together with buttons on the right side of each extension.
- To remove an extension from Firefox, simply click the Remove button. You should see a message that informs you about the successful removal of the add-on.
- Note that some add-ons require a Firefox restart to be removed completely. To perform a Firefox restart after the add-on removal, click the Restart now link in the message.
You can find further information about uninstalling extensions in the following articles:
What is the value of the browser.newtab.url pref on the about:config page?
Modified by cor-el
Hi - thanks for the advice. I am sure it would have worked if I had not just after I posted the problem did a reset to default values of Firefox. That sorted out the problem. By the way I followed the first 3 steps of your advice and saw an entry posted that informed me that Zone Alarm Security Engine is incompatible with Firefox 17.0.1
Hi - thanks for the advice. Just after I posted the problem did a reset to default values of Firefox. That sorted out the problem. Zone Alarm Security Engine is incompatible with Firefox 17.0.1 - saw that message in Tools Add-Ons Extentions