Moving curser across page, without pressing button, window will close or open up another window.
Occasionally, when I am moving my cursor across a web page, it will either close or will open another window. It is as if I am clicking on the X to close the page or clicking on some other part of the page and it opens. When this happens, I do not have any buttons on the mouse pushed. It has been suggested that Norton is an issue, but I don't see how it could be.
Additional System Details
- Google Update
- Amazon MP3 Downloader Plugin 1.0.17
- Shockwave Flash 11.1 r102
- PlayStation(R)Network Downloader Check Plug-in
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 10.1.0
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- iTunes Detector Plug-in
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Coupons, Inc. Coupon Printer Plugin
- Coupons, Inc. Coupon Printer DLL
- The plug-in allows you to open and edit files using Microsoft Office applications
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:17.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/17.0
Make sure that you do not drag a tab in the browser window.
Current Firefox versions have a feature called tear-off tabs.
You can detach a tab from the current window and open it in a new window by dragging a tab in the browser window.
You can drag that tab back to the tab bar in the original window to undo that detaching.