Videos no longer work on Facebook with Firefox 17.0.1 Mac OS X.6.8 Flash 11.5
I can no longer watch videos on Facebook with Mac Snow Leopard iMac. Firefox 17.0.1 Current Flash 11.5.
I can watch videos fine on u-tube and Safari and other sites. But on Facebook in Firefox (my one and only favorite browser) where I always used to be able to watch videos just fine, I now just get a black screen and what appears to be endless loading and no sound. Even with a mere 30-second video of my own, which others can watch, I can no longer watch this or any other video on Facebook. Others can watch the videos I load, but I cannot watch any videos myself. Used to be able to this with old Firefox and old Flash no problem. Updates of both led to problems, but only on Firefox and only on Facebook.
I tried unchecking the disable hardware acceleration thing and quitting and restarting Firefox, which apparently worked for someone with windows having a slightly different problem (They were at least getting sound). Problem solved for them but has remained for me whether the hardware acceleration option is checked or unchecked..
Is the solution to give up on Firefox and use another browser??
Duplicate post, continue here - https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/que.../944251
Modified by TonyE
Additional System Details
- Shockwave Flash 11.5 r502
- Displays Java applet content, or a placeholder if Java is not installed.
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- The Google Earth Plugin allows you to view 3D imagery and terrain in your web browser.
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10.6; rv:17.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/17.0