What is the status of recording audio from user's microphone?
I am very interested in the capability of browsers to be able to record data from a user's microphone. Currently the only options are Flash based plugin such as WAMI, or Microsoft Silverlight as far as I can tell. What is the plan for Firefox (and other browsers if the information is known) to implement a method of capturing input from a user's microphone, or where can I find information about it? I am aware of Web RTC, but that is a separate issue. I am interested in recording a user, and then sending that data to my server, not in P2P communication. Thank you!
Additional System Details
- The Totem 2.28.6 plugin handles video and audio streams.
- DivX Web Player version 184.108.40.206
- nspluginwrapper is a cross-platform NPAPI plugin viewer, in particular for linux/i386 plugins.This beta software is available under the terms of the GNU General Public License.
- This plug-in detects the presence of iTunes when opening iTunes Store URLs in a web page with Firefox.
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Linux x86_64; rv:10.0.5) Gecko/20120606 Firefox/10.0.5