Firefox 17.0.1 on my Mac OSX 10.7.5 will no longer work with Adobe Reader 11.0.0. What shall I do to fix it ?
When I try to read a page with Adobe Reader I get the following message:
Adobe Reader cannot show documents in this browser.
Why is that ? It occurer a short period ago, and prior to that I have had no problem. I have no problem when I use Safari - but normally I prefer Firefox. So, please help me - and tell me what to do. Thanks in advance.
Chosen solutionby RBBERKE
I've had the same problem using Mac OSX 10.6.8. I took the advice in one reply and downloaded Schubert it Browser plug-in for Mac. Et voila! Now I can download my bills. Note: use the print icon in the viewer frame rather than the Firefox file and print.Read this answer in context 0
Additional System Details
- Shockwave Flash 11.4 r402
- Displays Java applet content, or a placeholder if Java is not installed.
- Adobe® Acrobat® Plug-in for Web Browsers, Version 11.0.0
- QuickTime Plugin sikrer, at man kan se en lang række multimedieelementer på websider. Der findes flere oplysninger på webstedet om QuickTime.
- SiteAdvisor browser plug-in
- The Flip4Mac WMV Plugin allows you to view Windows Media content using QuickTime.
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10.7; rv:17.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/17.0
Allow pdf to view in firefox. if still you have the problem in viewing, Make use of Firefox Add-ons to view the PDF documents in Firefox
Have tried via ADD-ONS to install PDF Viewer + Save as PDF. But it makes no difference. What else can I do ?
Or do I have to accept to work with Safari instead of Firefox from now on ?
try the excellent Schubert|it PDF Browser Plugin (it is only for mac)
You can disable the Adobe Reader plugin in Firefox (Tools > Add-ons > Plugins) and use the external Adobe Reader application or Preview application instead.
- Firefox > Preferences > Applications > Adobe PDF document : Use Adobe Reader
PDF files may also be found under another entry like Portable document.
The main problem is reading a home page with info written as a pdf document. If I down load a pdf document, I can choose another program to open it.
I've had the same problem using Mac OSX 10.6.8. I took the advice in one reply and downloaded Schubert it Browser plug-in for Mac. Et voila! Now I can download my bills. Note: use the print icon in the viewer frame rather than the Firefox file and print.