My website is accessible via Internet Explorer but not Firefox? It is a simple jpeg image being used as a home page.
No matter whether I am using FireFox on MAC or Windows my new posted home page is not showing up when I access the domain. The home page in question is only a jpeg image labeled index.html in the prime directory. The jpeg or "home page" is accessible and is coming up correctly in IE. I am checking it on a desktop MAC and a Windows 7 laptop. Again the home page is only one file.
Additional System Details
- Gecko default plugin
- Runs Java applets using the latest installed versions of Java. For more information: Java Embedding Plugin. Run version test: Java Information.
- npmnqmp 071101000050
- WebEx General Plugin Container Version 169
- Java 1.3.1 Plug-in
- RealPlayer Plugin
- The Flip4Mac WMV Plugin allows you to view Windows Media content using QuickTime.
- Coupons Inc. Plugin
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- Shockwave Flash 10.1 r102
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; U; PPC Mac OS X 10.4; en-US; rv:22.214.171.124) Gecko/20120306 Firefox/3.6.28
hello, to me the site appears to be down no matter what browser i use (maybe it is still present in your IE's cache & that's why it's showing). please contact the support of your website's hoster to find out what's going on...
I'm hosting it at godaddy and they couldn't figure it out since it was working with IE and not Firefox or Safari from their side either. They threw me to FireFox.
You cannot have an image appear as your homepage simply by renaming the image "index.html." You have to use code in an actual HTML document to pull the image in.
Modified by cperryk
That makes sense. Im a graphics guy....starting to learn html and hosting protocol. I didn't know if I could get away with just posting an image file. What is a simple text editor I can key in this code and use to save an index.html file?
Notapad++ is a good editor :-)
If you're on a mac, open textedit, then go to window>>make plain text.
If you're on a PC, notepad should do fine.
Im on a mac...I just copy pasted that code block you gave and put in the image name...loading the jpg and index.html file now...let's see if it works. Thank you both for your answers.
What is the best source to learn HTML....
This should do the trick just fine: [http://www.amazon.com/HTML-XHTML-CSS-.../ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1354657444&sr=8-2&keywords=learn+html]
here's also some good documentation: https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs/HTML
Ladies and Gentlemen, we need a moment here, it worked. I have been designing sites for ten years. I always gave the .psd files to someone else to code. This is the first time I coded something (copied and pasted) and got the damn thing to work. I have been fooling with this for half a day.
Thank you very much. You have just started my coding career.
Have a nice day.
No matter whether I am using Firefox on MAC or Windows my web page is not showing up when I try to access it. I'm hosting it on GoDaddy. I am checking it on a Desktop MAC and a Windows 8 Laptop.
Reload web page(s) and bypass the cache to refresh possibly outdated or corrupted files.
- Press and hold Shift and left-click the Reload button.
- Press "Ctrl + F5" or press "Ctrl + Shift + R" (Windows,Linux)
- Press "Command + Shift + R" (MAC)
Clear the cache and the cookies from sites that cause problems.
"Clear the Cache":
- Firefox/Tools > Options > Advanced > Network > Cached Web Content: "Clear Now"
"Remove Cookies" from sites causing problems:
- Firefox/Tools > Options > Privacy > Cookies: "Show Cookies"
Start Firefox in Safe Mode to check if one of the extensions (Firefox/Tools > Add-ons > Extensions) or if hardware acceleration is causing the problem (switch to the DEFAULT theme: Firefox/Tools > Add-ons > Appearance).
- Do NOT click the Reset button on the Safe Mode start window or otherwise make changes.