Cannot input chinese with handwriting under Mac
I tried to input Chinese in Firefox using the trackpad handwriting function on my Macbook Pro but it won't put in the field regardless if it's a website or the search bar on top. However, I can input Chinese using other input methods. The trackpad handwriting function performs under Safari.
I tried to reinstall firefox but it didn't help any. Anyone got any ideas?
Additional System Details
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- Shockwave Flash 11.5 r502
- Microsoft Office for Mac SharePoint Browser Plug-in
- Displays Java applet content, or a placeholder if Java is not installed.
- DivX Plus Web Player version 188.8.131.52
- Adobe® Acrobat® Plug-in for Web Browsers, Version 10.1.4
- DivX VOD Helper Plug-in
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10.8; rv:17.0) Gecko/17.0 Firefox/17.0
Mac OSX Mountain Lion 10.8.2
yesterday 11/29, my mac update to 17.0, the handwriting didn't put the chinese, I try 18.0beta also didn't work. so i goto ftp.mozilla.org get the 16.0.2
it is working fine. (I disable the autoupdate in firefox). Wait for the fix
You can try to update to the current Firefox 17.0.1 release that got some fixes that the current beta doesn't have.
17.0.1 still has this bug !
Modified by edwardso
OK. I tried going to ftp.mozilla.org but I don't know how to find the older version of Firefox. I have this identical problem with Chinese track pad writing Not being to be input since I updated Firefox.
Can I trouble you for step by step instructions please?
Thanks. I'll try it. But does using an older version negatively affect the other stuff?
is version 19 fixed this chinese input issue using magic trackpad?...
anyone can comment on this, please...
It looks like 19 has fixed the bug, anyone confirm??