How do I get a previous version of Firefox. Firefox 17 does not work with online banking
How do I get a previous version of Firefox. Firefox 17 does not work with online banking edit
Chosen solutionby NebularNovice
Similarly I am now (with v 17) unable to initiate a download from a website to Quicken. At least it appears with the four different financial institutions I've tried. All of them worked before version 17. I am now on 17.0.1 so that didn't fix the problem.Read this answer in context 0
I just saw a similar question on the mozilla.support.firefox newsgroup where a Firefox 17 user was getting the error,
An unexpected system error occurred. Please try your request later. If the problem persists, please contact customer service.
(see this post on google groups)
The person contacted his bank and the bank wrote back, At this time Firefox 17.0 is not a supported browser for Meriwest Online Banking. Our IT department is reviewing this new version of Firefox. You should be able to process your request using another browser or an earlier version of Firefox.
In that case, the solution was to change the user agent string in Firefox 17 to the following, to "fool" the website into thinking it was Firefox 16:
Mozilla/6.0 (Windows NT 6.2; WOW64; rv:16.0.1) Gecko/20121011 Firefox/16.0.1
You can use the User Agent Switcher extension to do that, as an alternative to downgrading or installing Firefox Portable.
If you need help using that extension to disguise Firefox, see the Websites say that Firefox is outdated or incompatible even though it's the latest version article's "Workaround for broken websites" section. Link:
Additional System Details
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- A plugin to detect whether the Adobe Extension Manager is installed on this machine.
- Shockwave Flash 11.4 r402
- A plugin to detect whether the Adobe Application Manager is installed on this machine.
- iTunes Detector Plug-in
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape "9.5.2"
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 10.1.4
- BlackBerry WebSL Browser Plug-In
- Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF) plug-in for Mozilla browsers
- DRM Netscape Network Object
- Npdsplay dll
- DRM Store Netscape Plugin
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 5.1; rv:17.0) Gecko/17.0 Firefox/17.0
I just did the reset and had no improvement in my problem of downloading from a site to Quicken. Same symptoms.
In addition, I now appear to get Security Exception reports for all sites, no matter how valid. The diagnostic info is bogus. That is, it provides either no information on the problem or incorrect information such as certificate is only valid for xxx.com when I'm trying to go to xxx.com
Modified by chriswchris