In options, checking a new tab instead of the default a new window. After shutdown & restart FireFox returns to the w/no check mark. Can I save the check mark?
After a computer restart, Firefox always defaults in Options, Tabs, 'Open new windows on a new Tab' unchecked. After checking the box Firefox will then open new windows in a tab instead of a new window, However after a shutdown of the computer the check mark is gone and must be rechecked. Is there a way for Firefox to remember the check mark when the program is restarted?
Additional System Details
Every time Firefox opened
- Shockwave Flash 11.5 r502
- RealJukebox Netscape Plugin
- RealNetworks(tm) RealPlayer Chrome Background Extension Plug-In
- RealPlayer(tm) HTML5VideoShim Plug-In
- RealPlayer(tm) LiveConnect-Enabled Plug-In
- RealPlayer Download Plugin
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 10.7.2 for Mozilla browsers
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Google Update
- CouponNetwork Coupon Activator
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- iTunes Detector Plug-in
- Adobe Shockwave for Director Netscape plug-in, version 18.104.22.1686
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 10.1.4
- VLC media player Web Plugin 2.0.2
- Coupons, Inc. Coupon Printer Plugin
- Coupons, Inc. Coupon Printer DLL
- Adobe Shockwave for Director Netscape plug-in, version 22.214.171.1249
- IE Tab 2 Plug-in for Mozilla/Firefox
- Bing Bar
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:8.0.1) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/8.0.1
hello gearjam, first of all it appears, that you're using an outdated version of firefox with various known security vulnerabilities - please Update Firefox to the latest version as soon as possible to stay safe while you browse the web.
regarding the problem you're observing, please make sure that no extension in firefox > addons > extension with the functionality to change tab settings is interfering here - or if this is not the case, go through the steps described in How to fix preferences that won't save.